Tuesday 15 December 2009

Sports Psychology

I had a great meeting this morning with Jon Finn from the Carnegie Institute of Sport and Exercise. We discussed the possible focus areas that my Masters could take and settled on writing up the Mental Skills and Applied Sports Psychological Work that I have been implementing into the Royal Air Force for almost 2 years now with outstanding success (even if I say so myself :)).

Check out some of Jon's recent work:

An Introduction to Performing Beyond Potential from Performingbeyondpotential on Vimeo.



Jon is in the process of finishing off his PhD in Sports Psychology looking at the coping strategies of athletes in transitions in Rugby League, Rugby Union, Soccer, and Cricket. His results from a recent paper should go to press over the Christmas period for publishing in early 2010. Jon is continuing his applied work with great success.

No comments:

Post a Comment