Saturday 19 December 2009

Sat Evening Sweet-Spot Spinning Session



Have managed 2x1hr sessions on the turbo each one doing 40min at 'sweet spot' power which I guesstimated on RPE (very crude and unscientific I know). Held an average of 230W for the AM Session, and 238W for the evening session. I know that the real indicator of performance on the bike is the pwr/wt ratio and I am working on reducing the winter plumage, or rather I am reducing the autumn plumage first then I will start on the winter excess!!! Legs are feeling remarkably strong, despite only coming back from injury a month ago. The strength and conditioning work is starting to pay off even though I am not doing any power work just yet.

It is great to be able to do the split sessions and train with tired legs. That is something we are all going to have to deal with on the RAAM. Next week will see an slight increase in the 'sweet spot' times to around 45-50mins. A small increase on a weekly basis is key to ensure that the adaptation process works effectively. For some reason I am still having issues with the Heart-rate monitor and the power meter being able to pick it up quickly and effortlessly from the start of the session.

No comments:

Post a Comment