Saturday 12 December 2009

Juggling With Too Many Balls

I have had a really easy training week this week for lots of reasons. I had a big weekend last weekend where I did not get a lot of sleep and as a result I came down with a cold. I managed to get to the gym a couple of times to do some strength and conditioning work and I also had a couple of commutes on the bike. The weather has been atrocious in the SHIRE, wet, muddy (yes this is the heart of agricultural England) and full of debris as the farmers are kindly cutting back a lot of hedges at the moment, leaving sharp shavings in the road. Great for bike tyres....NOT!!!

I have also been adding a little more to the MSc Thesis, which does not seem to be taking any shape of forming any coherent structure at present, and the pressure is on to submit a preliminary report by next Fri. I am looking at Attention Control and Self-regulation and trying to design a methodology to conduct a study comparing trainee and experienced pilots in a simulated environment, with the outcome being that hopefully there may be some sort of insight that we gain into the mental strategies of trainees and those of experienced pilots. Time will tell, and I will keep the blog updated on the progress.

The folks are over from 'Belshaft' and it is great to see them. The kids are really enjoying their company, and the wine supplies of Lincolnshire are taking a hammering by Mr McCrory Snr!!

No comments:

Post a Comment