Tuesday 25 September 2012

Mental Focus - what happens when you lose it?


So there seems to be a lot of material in the World Wide Web on mental focus, how to earn it, gain it, find it (like it's just hiding close by), or be given it through someone else's gift following their success. So you do the research, experience how to get the focus you want in whatever sport you do, and then you start to notice that you are losing it. What happens next? Do you bounce back with ease and ultimately improve your resilience through 'failure'. If there comes a point when the proverbial 'wheels fall off the bus' and you notice that you can't focus like you used to do, what then?

Well I did extensive research on helping people get focused thanks to the great work of Sports Psych Terry Orlick. But when an athlete approached me recently and told me that they had 'lost it' then I really had to think about the reasons why? Some of the skills that I used to gain success with those athletes in my research certainly came in useful, but then I discovered a unique way of re-gaining focus using other techniques, leading to a 5-step plan of action and ultimately a return to peak performance for that athlete. That 5-step plan of action will soon be available via eboo,k and via a new website that I am developing onThe Sport Theory, soon to be released. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment