Monday 4 January 2010

Work Work!!

Back into work this morning. A freezing cold day in the SHIRE. Got a 45min turbo session in the garage done before the family got up. I was half asleep though as I went to bed at 1am, having spent the time reading up on literature for my dissertation. I was trying to understand all the terminolgoy associated with Self-Regulation (according to Zimmerman) and how this topic is relevant to some of the Mental Skills Training that I coach with aspiring pilots. Boy oh boy could I do with about half the number of research papers having been written on the subject and on other related areas, such a Deliberate Practice (Ericsson). Still it is an interesting mountain to climb and will help to scope out a sound methodology for future Applied Sport Psychology and Mental Skills Training.

No comments:

Post a Comment